Guidelines for connection Artists and Photographers
Some suggestions, tips, and instructions to help you create and submit your art
There are two different ways you can play a part in connection‘s artwork. Either way, please begin by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a .jpg example or two of your art or photography and put your name and state in the subject line.
1. Become a “Regular Contributor” Art Team Member
- You may be asked by our Art Director, regularly (sometimes monthly, sometimes bi-monthly or as needed) for art or photography in order to match an article that we have in our
- The Art Director will email you a magazine article for you to read and you will be inspired and send back your art to us! The Art Team Leader will indicate if it should be in color (for a cover or back) OR black and white (for the inside of the magazine).
- You will have about 5 days to complete the assignment to keep us on If you are unable to fulfill the request for that month, just send back an email letting us know.
2. Become an “Archive Builder” Art Team Member
- The Art Director is compiling an archive of art to be used for the magazine. Front cover, back cover, and inside!
- This is just as exciting as being a regular Both are needed but this way you can just submit what you like as you create. Unsolicited, anytime!
- We can then match your art to articles as they come in from our writers.
Some helpful themes/ideas to keep in mind when submitting art
- The pain and misery of food addiction, being under/overweight, mental obsession, over- exercising, weighing and measuring, traveling, the tools, first 90 days, the rewards and promises that come with recovery.
- Also, we LOVE simple or symbolic art or photographed close-ups of simple objects such as keys, clocks, hands, hearts, phones, flowers, bottles, Can be abstract or convey an idea as well! Be creative! Nature and flowers work too.
Important Guidelines for Art and Photography Submission
- Your art (painting, drawing, photograph) will need to be scanned and emailed to email@example.com
- .jpg or tiff format only
- 300 dpi (dots per inch) minimum resolution
- Black and white images should be approx 3-5 Any shape OK.
- Images for front and back cover (usually in color) should be 5” x 7.25” or slightly larger for bleed. Cover images should hold a solid or semi-solid block of color at the top to accommodate the title of the magazine.
- ONLY generic images having to do with food (boxes, bags are ok). No actual food images will be used.
- Images that include text or small details may be lost when reduced.
- If the sex and/or ethnicity of the author are indicated in the article, please reflect this in your illustration. We would like the artwork in connection to represent the growing diversity of the members of our fellowship.
- In keeping with our tradition of anonymity, photos or illustrations depicting actual members will not be used.
- Again, all submissions should be attached to an email and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your first name, last initial, state or country in the body of the email.
- If you are submitting art/photography matched to an article, please submit as above, and we will note in our archives that the art and article are intended to go together.
- If you need assistance creating art for connection, please email email@example.com
Please keep in mind that your writing or artistic contribution might be edited or altered for clarity or style.
For further help regarding artwork submissions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your phone number in your message.