EAI Meeting Report
MONTHLY INTERGROUP REPORT: JUNE 2022
FA Eastern Area Intergroup (FA-EAI, Inc.)
June EAI Meeting Presentations
2022 EAI Meeting Dates
July 10, August Recess, September 11, October 16, November 13, December 11
Vice Chair Report
Are you curious about Intergroup? Has your sponsor encouraged you to check it out?
At the June meeting, the EAI Twelfth Step Committee highlighted several resources for those fellows interested in learning more about EAI, EAI’s Orientation video and the responsibilities of your meeting’s EAI Rep (found in Document 7 on the FA website). See you at the meeting on Sunday, July 10.
COMMITTEE REPORTS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
See the Join the Committee Meeting section for details on how to join the Committee Meetings.
12th Step Committee – Lou C., email@example.com
- Worked on planning the next 12th Step Gathering on July 16 and 17. The topic is Welcoming Newcomers.
Bylaws Committee – Danielle B., firstname.lastname@example.org
- Continuing to review the Bylaws and will present any changes to the body in September.
IT Committee – Cynthia R., email@example.com
- Reviewed the Policies and Procedures and welcomed the incoming Chair Jakki T..
- IT Committee member, Melissa, held an IT session in May to help with questions including Zoom hosting and setting, Gmail, and Google Drive/Google Docs. It was well received. She is planning to meet with 10 fellows individually to help with their IT concerns and also planning another group session - date to be determined.
Office Committee – Sherry H., firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assistance was provided to meeting contacts of telephone meetings to update or add the International Telephone hyperlink to their meeting information on the website. If additional information is needed, please email email@example.com.
- We encourage any fellow who enjoys computer or office work and has interest in doing service, to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Public Information (PI) Committee – Kathryn W., email@example.com
- Reviewed the new web page, how PI Reps can access PI resources and PI Reps' responsibilities.
- Encouraged members to reach out with any questions.
Service Group Support Committee (SGSC) – Akia W., firstname.lastname@example.org
- The EAI SGSC will be showing the LSG Bulletin Board template created for LSGs. The Bulletin Board will help with communication with your local fellowship instead of emails which get lost in the pile. Use a bulletin board to inspire your area to do service and attend LSG. We will be showing this template during our next meeting and how to customize for your area. Since this is such a great tool for our growing FA community and new virtual world all members are welcome, not just LSG's. LSG Bulletin Board Template - July 10th at 8am to 8:45 am.
Monthly Local Service Group Meetings: (Times listed below are ET.)
- Metro Atlanta, GA: 2nd Saturday 11:30am-12:00pm – Email: Janae M.
- DC Area: 3rd Sunday, 10:30am-11:30am – Email: Akia W.
- Ithaca, NY: 1st Tuesday, 7pm-8pm – Email: Paula K.
- Philadelphia, PA: 2nd Saturday, 7:45am-8:45am – Email: Abigail H.
- Louisville, KY: 3rd Monday, 8pm-8:30pm – Email: Annie K.
- Southwest FL: 3rd Tuesday, 6pm-6:45pm – Email: Barbara S.
- United Kingdom/Ireland (UK/IRE): 2nd Sunday, 8:30am GMT/BST (UK Time) Email: email@example.com
- Toronto, Canada: Last Monday, 12:30 to 1:00pm - Email: Linda C. or Nancy M.
- NYC-Tristate (New York City, Long Island, Westchester, NY; NJ; CT): 1st Thursday 7pm-8pm - Email: Kathryn W.
Service Support Weekend Planning Committee – Cayce K., firstname.lastname@example.org
- Still need to fill service positions for upcoming virtual Service Support Weekend. The position coordinating entertainment has been filled.
- Planning is running ahead of schedule.
- Save the Date to be sent out in August.
Teens and Twenties (T&T) – Merissa E., email@example.com
- The Committee held one virtual outreach for Hostas Community College. The contact person reached out to the Committee. The Committee presented the health care slide show.
- The Committee will be working on planning for the September Deep Dive, for an Outreach session on October 23 at 2 pm ET.
Treasurer’s Committee – Don D., firstname.lastname@example.org
- There was a discussion about EAI’s Prudent Reserve:
- Decided to leave the Prudent Reserve at $40,100 until the end of 2022.
- Decided to move the Prudent Reserve to a savings account to keep it completely separate from the operating funds and provide some protection against possible fraud.
- There was a discussion about Role Backup.
- Committee members will work together to understand the monthly financial report and how to make monthly entries into Quickbooks.
- Committee members will work together to keep the google docs reimbursement form and committee minutes running smoothly.
NEW TO EAI?
JOIN THE EAI BODY MEETING
- Use your laptop or computer to join via direct link here or join the meeting on Zoom.com and input the Meeting ID: 847 548 759 and Passcode 2020.
- Use the Zoom mobile app on your smartphone. Download the app from the App Store or Google Play. Open the app from your smartphone, select Join Meeting and input the Meeting ID: 847 548 759 and Passcode 2020.
- For AUDIO ONLY (not recommended), use your phone to dial 646-558-8656 (US) or click here to find your local number. When prompted, input Meeting ID: 847 548 759 and Passcode 2020.
Sign into the EAI Body Meeting & be included on the Attendee Phone List!
A phone list of fellows who attended EAI either in person or remotely will be distributed to all EAI attendees and EAI Contacts after the EAI meeting. To join the Attendee Phone List, go to http://bit.ly/eaimeeting and complete the form. Please note that your email address will NOT be shared on the Attendee Phone List. The phone list is a great way to connect with other EAI fellows!
JOIN THE COMMITTEE MEETINGS via the Events Calendar or the info below.
- All Committees meet at 8am on Intergroup Sunday. Passcode for each meeting is 2020. See the details below for joining the meeting.
- For phone only (US), call 646-558-8656 and enter the Meeting ID identified below and the passcode 2020.
- To find the Zoom International Dial-in Number, click here.
12th Step Committee
879 3380 5639
Service Support Weekend Planning
825 9732 0638
882 7441 2321
Public Information (Pre-Call starts at 7:30 am)
845 8695 6527
Service Support Committee
843 8867 7998
Teens and Twenties Committee
Merissa E. email@example.com
825 8383 3741
812 5057 4139
Chair: Jennifer H., firstname.lastname@example.org
OFFICERS/CHAIRS WITH NO REPORTS
Financial Aid and Resource Committee (FARC): email@example.com
EAI MEETING REPORTS - PDF
For an archived copy of an EAI Meeting Report, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EAI Meeting Report for June 2022
- EAI Meeting Report for May 2022
- EAI Meeting Report for April 2022
- EAI Meeting Report for March 2022
- EAI Meeting Report for February 2022
- EAI Meeting Report for January 2022
- EAI Meeting Report for December 2021
- EAI Meeting Report for November 2021
- EAI Meeting Report for October 2021
- EAI Meeting Report for September 2021
- EAI Meeting Report for July 2021
- EAI Meeting Report for June 2021
- EAI Meeting Report for May 2021
- EAI Meeting Report for April 2021
- EAI Meeting Report for March 2021
- EAI Meeting Report for February 2021
- EAI Meeting Report for January 2021
QUICK LINKS FOR THE EAI BODY MEETING
Please join us at the EAI Body Meeting via Zoom from 9am EDT to 10am EDT. EAI Committees will meet remotely from 8 am EDT to 8:45 am EDT via Zoom. The password is 2020.
Frequently Visited Links
- EAI Contact Info
- Donate to EAI
- Directions for Submitting Meeting Changes
- Expense Reimbursement Form (PDF)
- Expense Reimbursement Form (Online)
- Business Meeting-Secretary's Report
- Business Meeting-Treasurer's Report
- Meeting Effectiveness Questions
- EAI Meeting Directory Trifolds
- EAI Monthly Report
- EAI Home