2009 Food Addicts Census Information
The goal of the FA Census is to provide demographic information to the public and thereby increase the credibility of the FA organization. The FA Census was taken first in 2001, and then again in 2008 and 2009. FA has grown 11% this year over last year to its current membership of 4,044. This growth continues to provide evidence to all interested parties that FA is a viable solution for the deadly disease of food addiction.
We believe that having this information available will help us in our mission to spread the word about the power of FA to the still suffering food addict. Our growth is testimony to the fact that this program really works!
The 2009 Census results are reported in the statistical charts that follow. Highlights of this data are:
- FA total worldwide membership is 4,044, in 2008 it was 3636. This represents growth of 11% since last year.
- 430 FA meetings are currently held worldwide; in 2008 there were 410.
- FA meetings are held in 6 countries. In 2009, 93% of our members are in the US and 7% are in Australia, Canada, Germany, New Zealand or UK.
- In 2009, meetings are held in 31 US states; in 2008 FA was in 34 states. (South Carolina has been added, but there are no longer meetings in Montana, Tennessee, West Virginia, or Wisconsin.)
- The average meeting size is 19 members.
- 51% of FA members attend 2 FA meetings per week, 21% attend less than 2 meetings per week, and 28% attend over 2 meetings per week.
- There are 52 “FA Loners” (members actively working the FA program who do not access an FA meeting).
Using the FA Census Data
The FA Census Data will be used in our efforts to carry the message to the still-suffering food addict and also to help us run the FA organization and conduct FA business more effectively.