A Call for Service: More Ways Everyone Can Help
Service is a cornerstone of the FA program. Without it, we will perish.
The snapshot below is designed to help each FA members organize his or her service efforts. Many thanks for all you do!
REGARDING THE WEB:
- Visit foodaddicts.org.
- Create your personal Login and keep your personal Profile information updated.
Remember to log in every time you enter the website.
- View the Convention Report.
- Update meeting information, register new meetings, order literature, etc.
- Sign up to receive the Gratitude in Action (GIA) newsletter.
- Lost? Just click on the FA logo in the upper left corner on any page to return home.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions, ideas, concerns about the web.
REGARDING THE 7th TRADITION:
- Please continue giving generously to the 7th Tradition.
- Help WSI avoid transaction fees by mailing in meeting donations, rather than submitting by credit card.
- Subscribe to connection.
- Purchase speaker CDs, rather than copying.
- Purchase Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous.
REGARDING THE FA BOOK:
- Read it. Study it. Enjoy it! Integrate the book into your recovery, your AWOL, yourlife.
- Place it on the literature table at your meetings.
- Use the FA Book at a literature meeting.
- Freely share the book on an individual level, giving it away to others one person at a time.
- Please do not “press” the book or send it unsolicited to anyone.
- Please refrain from bringing the book to health fairs and other venues that are not FA-specific.
- Always present the FA book to the world with “great modesty and humility.”
REGARDING PI-RELATED SERVICE:
- Offer to bring an Information Session to your physician and his/her staff.
- Use the Healthcare Outreach tool (This is an easy tool that helps you keep track of which doctors you've reached out to and includes a script for calling doctors' offices.) Available here.
- Distribute the Healthcare Professionals trifold to all who are interested.
- Bring a letter to your Healthcare Provider and/or Faith Community Leader.
- Contact Mediawatch, Healthcarewatch, Blogwatch, and Weblinks as appropriate.
- Post trifolds in your community (ask your PI Rep for copies).
- Ask your meeting to sponsor trifold racks at appropriate locations in your community.
- Familiarize yourself with the PI Kit available here.
REGARDING MEETINGS AT HOME AND ON THE FRONTIER:
- Download an app on your phone in order to make international calls free of charge.
- Call a member on the Frontier Phone List.
- Add your name to the Frontier, Sponsor, or Universal Language List.
- Opt in on the website to receive the quarterly email of Gratitude In Action.
- Participate in EAI’s monthly meeting (in person or by phone), bi-monthly Contact call, quarterly New Meeting Orientation call, or a “Road Trip.”
- Review EAI’s 14-page Resource Guide.
- Bring the EAI Information Booklet to appropriate locations.
- Access the WAI Meeting Partnership resource.
- Join the WAI Outlying Area Speaker List.
- Support Spanish-speaking meetings.
- Support small meetings or qualify at meetings two hours away.
- Submit art & articles to connection at email@example.com.
- Ask members at your business meeting to commit to sending in a submission.
- Subscribe to connection individually or as a meeting.
- Take on a related service position, including but not limited to:
- List Manager: Universal Language List, Frontier Phone List.
REGARDING AVAILABLE RESOURCES:
- Intergroups, Chapters, and Local Service Groups
- Inquiry Response Committee
- Meeting Effectiveness Support and Assistance Subcommittee
- WSI Bylaws Committee
- Traditions Review Committee
- Service Group Support Committee
- Office Committee
- connection committee