Suggestions for Faith Community Outreach
Faith Community Leaders are in a position to help members of their congregations who might be seeking solutions for food addiction for themselves and others. We encourage FA members to reach out within their own faith communities, to clergy and lay leaders, with whom they have existing relationships, rather than investing in mass mailings. Here are some ways to share the message of FA recovery with Faith Community Leaders:
- Make an appointment to talk with your Faith Community Leader in a confidential way. Explain that you know people who have benefited from the program and offer Trifold meeting directories, access to the FA website, and the pamphlet “Food Addiction and the FA Solution.”
- If you would prefer to introduce yourself by mail or email, you can customize the Letter to the Faith Community Leader and send it with local Trifolds and the pamphlet “Food Addiction and the FA Solution.”
- You might be holding meetings or attending a health fair in a faith community’s gathering space. This is an opportunity to introduce FA the Faith community leader, by making an appointment, or sending the letter to the Faith Community Leader along with “Food Addiction and the FA Solution.”
- You can ask them to include information about FA and notices of local meetings in their congregational bulletins. You can customize this Request for Posting Meetings in Faith Community Bulletins.
- If the Faith Community Leaders show interest, let them know that members are available to provide information sessions to their congregations or colleagues. You can notify your intergroup or chapter PI committee for assistance with content and staffing.